Do you want to eat healthier foods and cook more? Do you want to understand more how the food you eat affects your body and mind? Are you a stranger to your kitchen because of time constraints, lack of energy, or feeling intimidated? Are you interested in learning about “super foods,” smart supplements, and easy tips that can bring cooking back into your life?
This program provides the latest research on foods, cooking techniques, and nutritional supplements that help promote health, vitality, and mental clarity. Join leading culinary nutritionists for a fascinating, fun, and tasty culinary adventure and discover the best ways to prepare food to ensure that you get the most out of them. Take home delicious, easy recipes that incorporate power foods that boost your mood, and get the real facts about nutritional supplements, including how to discover what is right for you.
This program is for people who
- Are interested in eating healthier but don’t know where to start
- Are confused by the media’s nutrition hype and want real answers
- Would like to improve their health and their family’s health
- Have taken one of the other Kripalu Healthy Living programs and want to learn even more about nutrition
- Are looking for time-saving tips and easy cooking techniques.
In Nutrition and Cooking Immersion, you learn
- Which foods promote health and well-being
- Which foods increase the risk of disease and obesity
- How to prepare healthful, whole-food meals
- What supplements can and can’t do for you
- Why “how” you cook is so important
- What role “super foods” can play in your life
- What food labels really mean
- The art of shopping with economics and our planet in mind.
Recommendations (additional fees apply):
- Add on a private Nutrition Consultation
- Take care of your body with a healing Kripalu Massage.
Please reserve early as appointments are limited. Find out more about these sessions on Kripalu’s Healing Arts pages or call 888-738-1822 to make an appointment.
- 22.5 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD), $20 additional charge
- 24 credits for Registered Nurses (RN), $20 additional charge
- 22.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge