Detoxification is a natural body process that is compromised when our system becomes overloaded from poor diet, allergies, stress, infections, and toxins such as heavy metals. Join Kripalu’s nutritionists to explore the science behind detox and experience an integrated approach to cleansing the body.
In this program, you
- Enjoy a nutritionally balanced vegetarian detox diet plan
- Learn five common causes of toxic overload and how stress impacts digestion and detoxification
- Explore the essential elements of a science-based detoxification diet, including critical nutrients that support toxin removal
- Get answers to questions on detox topics that include organic, raw foods; acid-base balance; water needs; detox supplements; exercise; skin brushing; and sauna
- Discover how to create a sustainable detox kitchen and learn culinary nutrition tips
- Explore yoga postures that assist the detox process
- Learn strategies for dealing with emotional detox.
This program is ideal for people
- Who have symptoms that can be improved by a detox program, including headaches, brain fog/poor concentration, fatigue, joint pain, muscle aches and pain, and skin problems such as acne or eczema
- Interested in learning about the latest science and research on detoxification
- Interested in an integrated body, mind, and spiritual approach to removing toxins.
Recommendations (additional fees apply):
- Nutritional Consultation
- Kripalu Meditative Massage
Please reserve early as appointments are limited. Find out more about these sessions on Kripalu’s Healing Arts pages or call 888.738.1822 to make an appointment.
This program is eligible for
- 20 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD), $30 additional charge
- 20 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $30 additional charge