Develop and expand your skills in clinical nutrition in this program taught by an interdisciplinary team of the country’s premier leaders in integrative health. Learn an evidenced-based nutritional therapy based on whole-systems medicine. This immersion experience offers training focused on both the science and art of nutrition, and includes both didactic and experiential learning. Ideal for physicians, nurses, nutritionists, registered dietitians, and other health care professionals who want to explore the latest advancements in clinical nutrition in an environment that supports self-care.
Deepen your insight into nutritional healing and expand your skills, including:
- Past and present food theories and traditions, nutritional discoveries, and controversies
- How changes in agriculture and the environment have impacted human health
- Popular approaches to nutrition today and evidence behind them
- Core clinical imbalances and their relation to common chronic diseases
- Integrative approaches to nutrition assessment, including a nutrition-focused physical
- Understand the role of food in promoting anabolism and catabolism
- Identify the specific anaerobic and oxidative processes involved in the conversion of food to energy
- The most influential dietary characteristics as they affect metabolism
- The role of specific nutrients in the health of physiological systems
- How to use whole foods and dietary supplements therapeutically
- Laboratory assessment, interpretation, and nutritional diagnosis
- Mindful eating training and practice
- Culinary medicine for common health conditions
- Benefits of integrating nutrition with yoga and other mind-body practices.
Find inspiration for your own personal and professional development, including professional visioning, self-care methods, and networking with like-minded professionals.
Tuition: $510, plus room & meals.
Recommendations (additional cost):
- Add on a Nutritional Consultation
- Schedule a Kripalu Massage
Please reserve early as appointments are limited. Find out more about these sessions on Kripalu’s Healing Arts pages or call 888.738.1822 to make an appointment.
The Berkshire Health Systems designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 credits(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Massachusetts Medical Society for Continuing Education through the joint sponsorship of Berkshire Health Systems and Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health. The Berkshire Healthy Systems is accredited by the Massachusetts Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Please note There is a $75 charge for CMEs.
- 28 credits for Registered Nurses (NURS), $20 additional charge
- 27.5 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD), $20 additional charge
- 14 credits for Physicians (MD/DO), $75 additional charge
- 27.5 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge