If you have type 2 diabetes or are pre-diabetic and are serious about changing your health and living a longer, more vibrant life, then don’t miss this program.
Type 2 diabetes is a serious chronic disease that affects your heart, kidneys, brain, eyes, and nervous system. But it can be prevented, managed, and in some cases even reversed through lifestyle change. Learn how to reclaim your health from experts in integrative health, nutrition, diabetes education, yoga and meditation, and lifestyle change.
During your stay, enjoy three healthy meals each day, workshops, daily movement classes, cooking classes, and plenty of time to connect and share. In this program, you
- Learn how a nutrient-dense whole foods diet can influence the course of the disease and how to adopt this way of eating
- Understand the effects of physical activities on blood sugar control and identify the best kind of exercise for your lifestyle
- Understand how stress reduction assists diabetes management and learn to elicit the relaxation response
- Explore alternate strategies and new responses in order to break limiting patterns that cause imbalance and disease
- Create your own personal goals and plan for supporting healthy lifestyle changes.
Return home empowered and inspired, with a plan, a new outlook, and the support of new friends.
Kripalu’s diabetes program is amazing. Life-changing. Kripalu enables you to step away from the world so you can truly practice self-care and compassion, regain confidence and self-esteem, and learn valuable tools for making lasting changes that not only affect your health but the quality of your life.
–Rachel A., MD
Recommendations (additional fees apply):
- Add on a private Nutrition Consultation
- Add on a Life Coaching session to help you develop a realistic plan for when you return home
- Pamper yourself with a Kripalu Massage or Dr. Hauschka Facial
Please reserve early as appointments are limited. Find out more about these sessions on Kripalu’s Healing Arts pages or call 888.738.1822 to make an appointment.
The Berkshire Health Systems designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 9 AMA PRA Category 1 credits(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Massachusetts Medical Society for Continuing Education through the joint sponsorship of Berkshire Health Systems and Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health. The Berkshire Healthy Systems is accredited by the Massachusetts Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Please note There is a $75 charge for CMEs.
- 20 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD), $20 additional charge
- 20 credits for Nurses (NURS), $20 additional charge
- 20 credits for Athletic Trainers (BOC), $20 additional charge
- 9 credits for Physicians (MD/DO), $75 additional charge